Getting older can bring senior health challenges.
What are lifestyle changes seniors can make to lead a healthy life as they age? What role does diet play in senior health?
What are some common facts about health in seniors?
- As people get older, physiological changes occur in their body as a natural part of aging.
- Physical changes due to aging can occur in almost every organ and can affect seniors’ health and lifestyle.
- Some diseases and conditions become more prominent in the elderly.
- Psychosocial issues can also play a role in physical andmental health of older adults.
- A balanced diet and regular exercise are strongly linked to better health outcomes in seniors.
- A series of routine screening tests and preventive measures are recommended for the elderly.
- Important preventive measures at home can improve the safety and health of seniors.
- Geriatrics is a medical subspecialty dedicated to the care of the elderly. Physicians who have specialized training in this field are known as geriatricians.
An assisted living residence or assisted living facility is a housing facility for people with disabilities or for adults who cannot or who choose not to live independently.
Senior housing options:
- Independent living
- Assisted living facilities
- Nursing homes
- Respite Care
- Memory Care
- Senior Day Programs
- PACE Programs