Online Counseling or Online Therapy
Online Counseling or Online Therapy is the provision of professional mental health counseling services through the Internet. Services are typically offered via email, real-time chat, and video conferencing. Some clients use online counseling in conjunction with traditional psychotherapy, or nutritional counseling, and a growing number of clients are using online counseling as a replacement for office visits.
While some form of tele-psychology has been available for over 35 years, the advent of internet video chat systems and the increasing penetration of broadband has resulted in the continuing growth of online therapy. Some clients are using videoconferencing, live chat and email with professional psychologists in place of or in addition to face-to-face meetings. There is also a growing trend with online recovery coaches who can now conduct face-to-face consults with clients online.
Benefits of Online Therapy or Online Counseling:
- Online psychotherapy shortens the time between appointment setting and receiving service.
- Same-day appointments available
- Convenience of your schedule
- Flexible location: from the comfort of your home or anywhere else you feel safe and secure
- Save travel-time and expenses
- Private, safe and secure facilitated through Zoom technology